• Fitting in with whatever it is you are setting out to do – so if you have a training plan, that’s fine, it should fit in with it; if you don’t have a training plan, then at least it’s something structured in your running!
• It’s NOT about always getting full marks – a competition is not a competition if everyone gets full marks, so please accept that sometimes you or others in your team will not get 100% and PLEASE don’t instantly think you need to withdraw – or even not start at the beginning just in case. Variations in each team just make it more fun!
• It’s MUSTN’T be about dropping out when things stop you doing what you committed to - life isn’t like that and if injuries, sickness, family or just “life” gets in the way, you may not be able to contribute as much as you want – but IT DOESN’T MATTER! Your team is there to support you and NEVER to nag at you.
Introducing Smiletastic 2017 Monday 9th January 2017 to Sunday 2nd April 2017
Christmas and the New Year will soon be distant memories and the weeks counting down to those spring races. Whether you are looking for 2017 to be the year when you are able to run 4 miles without stopping, for a new PB at Parkrun, a Good-For-Age at a spring marathon or just to get active by walking regularly, one thing you have in common is the need for consistent activity through the wet, cold months of January, February and March. Done well, you will POP out into April with a spring in your step and…. OK I’ll quit while I’m ahead!
Anyway, in a nutshell, Smiletastic 2017 is hoping to build on the best bits of Smiletastic 2016 and TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE for 12 weeks!
(Sorry! Only open to members of Smiley Paces Running Club)
2. Get yourself sorted in Strava. You DO need to be a Strava user to take part and also be a member of the Strava Smiley Paces Club (Click here and request to join if you’re not already in: https://www.strava.com/clubs/121032)
• January will be about committing to the number of runs you do each week and running them.
• February will be about committing to the number of runs you do each week and the length of your longest run and doing it.
• March will be about committing to the number of runs you do each week and the length of your longest run and most importantly, taking part in timed runs and races and getting faster and collecting PB’s
• There will be extra Bonus points for completing tasks – most of which will be just for you to have fun with, individually or as a team.
• There will also be some running related challenges that should help your progress!